Technologies

5G networks in Nur Sultan promised to be launched before the end of 2021

Testing has already been conducted by Nur-Sultan and Alma-Ata, and by the end of 2020, 97% of the country's population will have access to broadband Internet.

Askar Zhumagaliev, Minister of Digital Development, Innovation and Aerospace Industry, spoke about the procedure for introducing the fifth generation (5G) communication network in Kazakhstan.

According to the minister, test trials of 5G mobile communications have already been carried out in Nur-Sultan and Almaty, and in October this year they plan to conduct tests in Shymkent. “Due to the large volume of necessary investments for 5G technology, the first stage of its implementation is planned in the cities of republican significance: Nur-Sultan, Almaty and Shymkent,” Askar Zhumagaliev said.

He added that in the capital, the introduction of 5G technology by the end of 2021 is planned at Nazarbayev University and on the territory of EXPO, in 2022 5G should appear at the airport, train station, in large shopping centers.

“Further, from 2023, work will be carried out to introduce 5G in all regional centers of the country,” the head of the department said at a government meeting. According to him, as a result of the work, 97 percent of the population of Kazakhstan will have broadband Internet access by the end of 2022. For the remaining 3 percent of the population, satellite technology will be technically feasible.

Tags
Back to top button
Close
Close