Previously, only used the iPhone, and now acquired a Mac and iPad. Tell me how to set up a shared clipboard between devices.
First, make sure that your set of devices meets the requirements for this chip.
Universal clipboard works on:
- iPhone 5 or newer;
- iPad 4 / iPad mini 2 or new;
- iPod Touch 6th generation;
- MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini 2012 or newer;
- MacBook 2015 or newer;
- Mac Pro 2013 or later.
To work, you need to update the device to at least iOS 10 and macOS 10.11 (Yosemite) , respectively. At the same time , the same Apple ID account must be used on each device .
If the devices used meet the minimum requirements, you can proceed to the setup:
1. On iOS, go to Settings – Basic – Handoff and turn on a single switch.
2. On a Mac, go to System Preferences – Sharing and check the Bluetooth Sharing check box . In addition, enable the Allow Handoff option between this Mac and your iCloud devices along System Settings – Basic .
3. Activate the Bluetooth module on all devices.
Now try to copy the text or photo on any of the configured devices. The data in a couple of seconds will be available for insertion through the context menu on other devices.