There is no necessary combination – we will create it independently.
Using keyboard shortcuts greatly speeds up work with a computer. However, not all functions provide convenient shortcuts. If the developers have not provided the opportunity to activate some function using the keyboard, you can use the standard OS X functionality.
For example, let’s create a “hot key” to quickly save the page address from Safari to the Notes application:
- find the desired function in the application menu, make sure that the developers did not come up with a combination for its quick call;
- go to Settings OS X – Keyboard – Keyboard Shortcuts and select Program Shortcuts ;
- add a new setting and select the desired application;
- in the field Name of the menu we enter the name of the item that needs to be run, always need to specify only the name of the item, even if it is located in the drop-down menu;
- below specify the desired shortcut to activate the item.
That’s all, it remains to run the program and check how the new setting works. By the way, the new shortcut will be displayed in the application menu. In the same section of the system settings, you can delete unnecessary combinations.
Unfortunately, not all developers add such functionality to programs, for example, you cannot assign a combination for Photoshop and other Adobe applications.