On Monday, Elon Musk said in his Twitter that he was now “nobody” at Tesla. Last week, his posts were deleted from the site, after which the businessman decided to “wait and see what will happen next.” On the page addressed to investors, Musk is still referred to as the CEO, but otherwise the content is “cleaned up”.
Deleted my Tesla titles last week to see what would happen. I’m now the Nothing of Tesla. Seems fine so far.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 29, 2018
The company did not officially announce the change in the status of Eon Musk, and he should leave the post of chairman of the board of directors in mid-November. This will happen as part of an agreement with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, reached in late September.
Recall that in early August, Elon Musk published a tweet in which he wrote that he did not exclude the possibility of Tesla becoming a private company. Later, he assured that this would not happen, but it was too late. In the SEC, Musk was suspected of fraud, and the founder of Tesla said that he would leave the post of chairman of the board of directors of the company. In addition, he will not be able to return to this position for three years.