Last night, Apple showed the new iPhone Xs, and at the same time removed last year’s flagship iPhone X from sales .
In Russia, the iPhone Xs will cost from 87,990 rubles . for the version of 64 GB and up to 118 990 rubles. iPhone with 512 GB of memory.
The diagonal of the display remains the same – 5.8 inches, the design and location of cameras are unchanged. So is it worth overpaying 23 thousand rubles. (actual difference at the time of the publication of the material) for the iPhone Xs or “ten” will be no worse?
We understand the issues and compare iPhone Xs with the iPhone the X .
From the point of view of design, the iPhone Xs is a complete copy of the iPhone X. Of the changes, it can be noted that the iPhone Xs is 3 grams heavier than the iPhone X: 177 versus 174 grams.
To the assortment of colors one more was added – “gold”. Now the company’s flagship smartphone is available in three colors.
According to Apple, the iPhone Xs installed a more durable protective glass . And on the display itself, and from the back of the case. It seems that glass caused a slight increase in weight.
The display diagonal of the iPhone Xs is the same, the resolution is exactly the same: 2436 x 1125 pixels (458 ppi). The contrast and maximum brightness of the Super Retina screen has not changed.
But the dynamic range increased by 60% . Whether this will notice the human eye is a controversial issue.
Support for HDR10 and Dolby Vision was also on the iPhone X, so it smoothly migrated to the updated smartphone.
Processor and Graphics
The iPhone Xs is equipped with a more powerful A12 Bionic processor . This is the first processor of the company, produced by a 7-nanometer process. The predecessor of the A11 Bionic produced on 10-nanometer.
The engineers managed to place 6.9 billion transistors. According to the company, A12 Bionic compared with the processor installed in the iPhone X:
– consumes 50% less battery capacity
– works 15% faster
– more optimized for work with neural networks and artificial intelligence
The A12 Bionic and higher performance graphics core. Mobile graphics are processed 50% faster than its predecessor.
Another improvement that Apple is truly proud of is the interaction of the new processor with neural networks. Instead of a 2-core coprocessor, the A12 Bionic uses an 8-core.
For comparison: the neural coprocessor A11 Bionic could handle up to 600 billion operations per second. The performance of the new chip is eight times higher . He is able to handle up to 5 trillion operations per second.
For the consumer, this means only one thing: the iPhone Xs is capable of more efficiently processing data in real time. This is useful for AR applications, of which not so much.
Apple highlighted another point during the presentation. With the release of iOS 12, in which optimization for a new processor will appear, the launch speed of applications on the iPhone Xs will increase by 30% (compared to the iPhone X).
The iPhone X was available in two versions: with 64 and 256 GB memory.
The iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max were the first smartphones of the company with a built-in memory capacity of as much as 512 GB . This is enough to store 100 thousand photos.
The construction of the iPhone Xs camera has remained the same. Two main sensors of 12 megapixels, represented by a wide-angle and body lenses, and a 7-megapixel selfie module.
At the same time, the sensor size increased from 1.2 to 1.4 microns , which affected the sensitivity of the matrix, which now transmits 50% more light .
Thus, in low light conditions, the iPhone Xs shoots better.
The iPhone Xs has an adjustment of the depth of field of the imaged space (DOF) in portrait mode after you have taken the picture.
In addition, the Smart HDR mode appeared in the iPhone Xs, allowing you to take several pictures with different exposures at once in an instant.
The iPhone Xs is IP68 protected . The predecessor, this figure corresponds to IP67.
In practice, the key difference between the standards is the following:
– IPX7 (like the iPhone X) – the smartphone is not afraid of short-term immersion in water to a depth of 1 meter
– IPX8 (like the iPhone Xs) – the smartphone is not afraid of short-term immersion in water to a depth of over 1 meter
Apple assures that the iPhone Xs has been tested for water resistance in a wide variety of fluids: juice, water, wine and beer. With a smartphone, you can safely dive to the bottom of the pool without worrying about its performance.
However, if water gets inside the gadget, you lose the warranty . This is written on the official website of the company.
What are the differences between iPhone Xs and iPhone X?
In addition to the aforementioned differences, it is worth mentioning the not so noticeable changes that affected the iPhone Xs:
- Thanks to the new processor, the iPhone Xs have faster Face ID
- Included with the iPhone Xs is no longer an audio adapter . It will have to buy separately
- The autonomy of the iPhone Xs is slightly higher than the iPhone X. The difference is 30 minutes.
- The cost of repairing the display and the rear glass panel remained at the same level
- The iPhone Xs officially costs the same as the iPhone X, but only in the USA. In Russia, the price at the start of sales jumped from 79,990 rubles. up to 87 990 rub.for the basic version with 64 GB of memory
- IPhone Xs has an improved NFC sensor that does not require opening applications for reading NFC tags.
- The speed of wireless charging in the iPhone Xs is higher . How much? Apple does not specify. Supposedly from 7.5 watts it grew to 10 watts.
- The iPhone Xs has support for two SIM cards, but it’s not interesting for the Russian buyer. For China, this is hardware support, for other countries – eSIM + nanoSIM
At this list of changes can be considered complete. Is it worth it to upgrade over twenty thousand rubles or not, you decide directly.
IPhone Xs will be on sale on September 28 at a price of 87,990 rubles . The iPhone X model has been removed from the official site, but so far it will remain on the shelves of official resellers.
Prices for iPhone Xs in Russia:
- iPhone Xs 64 GB – 87 990 rubles.
- iPhone Xs 256 GB – $ 100 900
- iPhone Xs 512 GB – 118,990 rub.
- iPhone Xs Max 64 GB – 96,990 rubles.
- iPhone Xs Max 256 GB – 109 990 rubles.
- iPhone Xs Max 512 GB – 127 990 rubles.
Prices for iPhone X in Russia:
- iPhone X 64 GB – 76,990 rubles.
- iPhone X 256 GB – 88,990 rub.