According to the law for search engines, which entered into force in June 2018.
Roskomnadzor has accused Google of failing to comply with Russian laws, in particular the federal law “On Information”. The company had to join the banned resources registry (FGIS) within 30 days and start excluding them from the search results. This is stated on the site office.
- For failure to comply with the requirements Roskomnadzor fined Google 500-700 thousand rubles. The penalty can be appointed only by the court, where in the near future the agency will turn. The Russian office of Google, in a conversation with , declined to comment on fines;
- In Roskomnadzor, they clarified that they had previously sent to the company a notification about the connection to the registry. After Google connects to the system, it will have three days to start cleaning the issue;
- According to the law “On Information, Information Technologies and Information Protection”, search engines are obliged to exclude websites blocked in Russia from search results;
- In the summer of 2018, a law on fines for search engines for links to prohibited sites and VPN services came into force in Russia . Google was the first search engine fined under the new law;
- For showing links to blocked resources are threatened with fines: for citizens – 5 thousand rubles, for officials – 50 thousand rubles and for legal entities – from 500 thousand to 700 thousand rubles.