Harder than living with your parents.
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has been at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London since 2012. If he leaves the building, then the UK police will be able to detain him and extradite him to the United States on the case of disclosing secret data. For example, he is forbidden to “interfere in international relations” in any way, including tweeting about it. During the six years of his stay at the embassy, several scandals have occurred involving the expensive security of Assange or the disconnection of theInternet .
On October 13, the Embassy of Ecuador introduced new rules of stay for Assange – they were published by the Ecuadorian publication Código Vidrio. The new procedure regulates the use of the Internet, communication with the outside world and caring for a domestic cat of the founder of Wikileaks.
- Assange should not perform any actions that could be considered as “interfering in the internal affairs of other countries” or harming Ecuador’s diplomacy;
- Assange and his guests should take care of the hygiene of the bathroom and any premises that they use. Earlier, embassy officials have already complained about the “unpleasant smell” from the founder of Wikileaks;
- Assange is obliged to monitor and clean up his cat, who has been living with him since 2016. Otherwise, the pet will be given to other owners or to the shelter;
- Assange must pay bills for food, medicine and laundry, and the embassy will leave only utilities;
- Assange is forbidden to use corporate Wi-Fi on weekends, and on weekdays use it only in extreme cases. To access the Internet, he will use his own devices;
- Assange can not take more than three guests at the same time, and for everyone must send a written request to the embassy by e-mail.