Apple

Photo: Sandy iPhone after Burning at Apple Store

Probably, the smartphone has overheated battery.

@mattgillard (Matt Gillard)
@mattgillard (Matt Gillard)

Melbourne resident Matt Gillard witnessed how the Apple Store caught fire on the iPhone (generation unknown). Smoke occurred in a store that is located in the Highpoint City Shopping Center.

According to Gillard, the Apple Store employees very quickly took out a quartz sand tank and filled the smartphone. No evacuees or injuries were reported.

This way of dealing with smoke can be called standard. CMI has repeatedly reportedthat Apple employees in different countries threw sand on the device in case of overheating of the batteries.

Back to top button
Close
Close