A few days after the start of sales, iFixit finally got to the smart watch Apple Watch Series 4 . The device was immediately opened and studied along and across.
The repairers got a larger version with a housing of 44 mm and LTE.
The first thing noted in iFixit is a more thoughtful and accurate assembly. Unlike the original Apple Watch, the fifth generation of watches (Series 4) uses significantly less glue. According to the complexity of the disassembly, the watch was compared to the iPhone 5.
For the first time, the Apple Watch looks neat, both from the outside and from the inside. The battery and Taptic Engine occupy most of the space.
Despite the fact that at first glance it may seem that inside the watch looks just like the previous generation, there are a lot of differences between the devices.
- battery for 291.8 mAh (4% more than its predecessor)
- Taptic Engine became longer and thinner
- The location of the barometer has been changed for a more sensitive analysis of the atmosphere
- The S4 chip is fixed with screws, but the processor is glued tightly
- the gold ring acts as an antenna
- breaking the clock is much easier
- The display not only became larger, but also thinner.
IFixit demodulators noted that the watch is becoming more and more repairable, repeating the evolution of iPhones.