“Young and optimistic faces”, problems with Wi-Fi and the inability to leave on his car.
September 21, Russian President Vladimir Putin arrived in the Moscow office of Yandex. The visit is timed to the upcoming 20th anniversary of the Russian IT company.
Vedomosti learned that the idea of such an event belongs to the presidential administration. According to the idea, a meeting with Yandex employees should become part of the election strategy, attract a young audience and create a political image of Putin aimed at the digital economy. At the same time, he has not officially announced plans to run for presidency.
It seems that the presidential administration did not confine itself to one idea and gave several recommendations to Yandex employees. Whether Putin himself is involved is unknown. According to the sources of The Bell, in the company of Arkady Volozh, during Putin’s visit and preparations for it, introduced a number of restrictions and increased security measures.
- Employees of Yandex have been warned that on September 21, problems with Wi-FI and cellular communication may arise. During the president’s visit, “jammers” will work in the building of the IT company. Previously, residents of different cities complained about such failures , linking them just with Putin’s arrival;
- Specialists (most likely, FSO employees) inspect cars in the underground parking of Yandex. On the eve of Putin’s arrival after 17:00 the cars were forbidden to pick up from the parking lot – restrictions will be lifted only on the evening of September 21;
- Because of the temporary restrictions on September 20, employees were advised to leave their work in their car before 5:00 pm, or use public transport;
- Employees of “Yandex” were asked not to lock their personal nightstands and cabinets. It is alleged that they can be checked;
- Many restaurants and cafes in the business center are closed all day. About how many establishments there is a speech and whether someone continued work, it was not specified;
- Employees of Yandex were advised not to dress up for Putin’s arrival. The whole situation should be as casual as possible and close to real life. Putin should be surrounded by “young and optimistic faces”;
- In the period from September 18 to September 20, Yandex conducted a rehearsal for Putin’s visit. The staff of the presidential administration watched prepared presentations and gave advice somewhere “to increase the emphasis on people”, and somewhere – on business. Whether Yandex fulfilled these recommendations was not reported;
- According to the radio station “Says Moscow”, bicycle parking was dismantled near the Yandex office;
- According to the software engineer Alexander Tyvelkov, Putin’s visit to “Yandex” was blocked the whole quarter, “overtook the army of policemen”, evacuated cars from nearby streets and “prohibited the movement inside the building.” He claims that two doors were left to enter the office. Tyvelkov himself came in a T-shirt in support of Navalny.
According to the employees, metal detectors were installed at the entrances to Yandex. The building is allowed only with a pass. The employee of the company Aleksey Sokirko said that he was not allowed to work, as he allegedly fell into the “black list”.
The source, close to Yandex, said that Sokirko could be refused admission to work because of his comment left on September 16 on “Roem.ru”: “I’m one of thousands of Yandex employees, but if I see Putin with us in the office at close range, spit in his face. “
According to the source of the Medusa , the workers were officially allowed not to come to work, and those who came immediately before Putin’s visit were forbidden to get up from work places and even go to the toilet. Employees of “Yandex” denied this .
In Yandex, Putin will be guided and shown a previously presented prototype of an unmanned vehicle. The Bell doubted whether the unmanned car would work properly with the “jammers”.
September 19 during a visit of officials to the parking lot of “Yandex” for a short time drove a self-controlled car. Representatives of the company claimed that the car arrived in the framework of the planned testing.