The department reacted after being approached by the State Duma.
On July 26, the head of the State Duma Committee on Information Technologies called on Roskomnadzor to find the perpetrators of the Google Docs leak through the Yandex search engine. On July 28, Roskomnadzor published recommendations on the protection of documents from getting into search results.
- Open the access settings in Google Docs;
- Replace “access by reference” to “access by invitation”;
- Issue an invitation only to trusted users;
- If you allow invited users to edit a document, they can change the access settings;
- They can be prevented from doing this in advanced settings.
In early July, the issuance of “Yandex” found documents created in the Google Docs service and unprotected by the privacy settings. July 27 in the search engine again found personal documents of users.