The main annual conference of Apple for developers.
June 4 in San Jose WWDC begins – the world developer conference Apple. Within a few days there will be educational sessions on programming and design, and for us the main day is the first: at 20:00 Moscow time, there will be a presentation, which traditionally announces new versions of iOS, macOS, and sometimes even updates in the line of computers, laptops and other Apple devices.
The video in the original can be viewed on the Apple website – be sure to make sure it’s running in a supported browser.
The main thing with WWDC 2018
– iOS 12 : supports all previous devices like iOS 11, but it will work faster, more opportunities for AR (joint games), more “smart” search by photos, “shortcuts” for quick actions in Siri. It’s all pretty boring;
– Group video and audio chats in FaceTime – up to 32 participants at a time. It’s incredibly powerful, nobody has it;
– Animoji with language and Memoji – another beautiful, but marketing chip. Useful feature: they can be used not only for recording video messages, but also in FaceTime;
– More convenient settings for push notifications – it has never been so easy to immediately unsubscribe from all the push (but do not do it!);
– Ability to monitor the use of the application itself, prohibit yourself to use them longer than the prescribed (an hour for paging an Instagram tape per day and no more) and control what children do on their smartphones . You do not want to know what they’re doing there, believe me!
– watchOS 5: from the steep there is only the function of the walkie-talkie;
– Dolby Atmos in Apple TV;
– macOS 10.14 Mojave : dark mode, four new applications from iOS, capturing screenshots and capturing video in Safari, disabling advertising tracking (greetings, facebook!) In Safari, advanced grouping and displaying files on the desktop and in folders;
– Confident “No” gluing iOS and macOS in the future – but some iOS applications can be launched on the desktop, more precisely, make their desktop versions with minimal changes;
– No announcements of the new iron.