In the rating were Trump, Kim Jong-un and an actor from the “Black Panther”.
Time Magazine published a list of the 100 most influential people in the world for 2018. All persons are divided into five categories – “innovators”, “leaders” (mostly politicians), “idols”, “titans” and “artists”. Each participant has a separate small column. Time released six covers at once.
The Time list includes schoolchildren from Florida who, after shooting, opposed the free sale of weapons ( Barack Obama wrote about them ). Among others in the rating is:
- The head of Amazon Jeff Bezos;
- Head of SpaceX and Tesla Elon Musk;
- Actors Chadwick Bozeman, Kumail Nangiani, Nicole Kidman, Gal Gadot, Hugh Jackman, Millie Bobby Brown and John Krasinski;
- Directors Greta Gerwig and Guillermo del Toro;
- Astronaut Peggy Whitson, who stayed in space more days than any other American;
- The immunologist Carl Jun, who modified the technology to fight cancer;
- The hosts of the evening shows Trevor Noah and Jimmy Kimmel;
- President of the United States Donald Trump, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, Prince Harry and his fiancé Megan Markle, French President Emmanuel Macron, Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau;
- Prosecutor Robert Muller, investigating the alleged interference of Russia in the elections;
- Artists – Cardie Bee, Jennifer Lopez and Rihanna;
- Tennis player Roger Federer.
About Elon Musk wrote a Russian businessman and co-founder Mail.Ru Group Yuri Milner. In his opinion, the head of SpaceX and in 3000 would be included in the list of the top 100 most important people of the millennium according to Time.
Suppose that in 3000, Time will publish a list of the 100 most influential people of the millennium. Who of our generation will be there?
Elon Musk has such a chance. Because he is one of the few people who thinks not only of the long-term survival of our civilization, but something that does, for example, creates the conditions for building a viable colony on Mars.
He rethinks the private space industry thanks to original thinking, accuracy and competent marketing. Ilon raises space transport to the level of our greatest ambitions. On the way, he produced the most powerful fuel for his mission: enthusiasm in society.
For the first time since the 1960s, the sensation of the cosmos as the greatest adventure appeared. This excitement and this innovative spirit will take us to the next millennium and beyond.
For the first time in five years, Time has not been included in the list of Russian President Vladimir Putin. As Rain noted , he fell into the rating of the publication every year from 2014 to 2017, and also in 2002 and 2008.
In 2017, a column about Putin was written by former USSR President Mikhail Gorbachev. He pointed out that after the crisis the head of state “stabilized the situation, preserved the Russian state” and “strengthened the economy”. Gorbachev stressed that the system of government should change in Russia, and stated that Russia will achieve success only “through democracy.”