Dmitry Peskov, Peter Tolstoy, Vladimir Krupennikov and other major Russian officials continued to use Telegram, despite the blocking by Roskomnadzor. Among them were those who supported the ban of the messenger. This was reported by the radio station “Says Moscow”, which conducted an audit on April 17.
- Deputy Chairman of the Ministry of Communications Alexei Volin, was online at 16:59. After blocking, Telegram said that it would “not cause damage”, because users will bypass the ban;
- The presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov, was online at 19:31. After blocking, Telegram expressed hope for the return of the messenger to Russia, but acknowledged the need to enforce the judgment;
- Deputy Chairman of the State Duma Committee for Information Policy Vladimir Krupennikov, was online at 15:29. After blocking, Telegram wanted to prohibit circumvention of locks via VPN, forgetting that such a law had already been adopted;
- Vice-speaker of the State Duma Peter Tolstoy, was online at 13:41. After blocking, Telegram noted that he was upset as a messenger user, but added that the law should be respected by everyone, even Pavel Durov;
- Former spokesman for Roskomnadzor Vadim Ampelonsky was online on April 16 at 19:16. At the time of the blocking, Telegram is under house arrest because of the fraud case.