On April 13 Tagansky Court of Moscow will begin consideration of the suit of Roskomnadzor on blocking Telegram. As transfers “Interfax” with the meeting, the regulator asked the court to immediately block the messenger in the case of satisfaction of the claim.
The representatives of Telegram did not come to the preliminary consideration of the claim. Roskomnadzor spokeswoman said that it is necessary to block the messenger, since it does not transmit encryption keys to users’ correspondence.
This court case is connected with the dissemination of information and, because Telegram does not provide keys for decoding messages, we declare an application for immediate execution of the judgment if the claim is satisfied.
On March 20 Roskomnadzor gave Telegram 15 days to transfer the keys to decrypt the correspondence, the deadline expired on April 5. The department has addressed in court, as a last resort it will follow:
- the court’s decision to block;
- Telegram’s appeal to this decision and loss in all instances;
- second warning from Roskomnadzor about the blocking;
- Telegram’s second refusal to hand over the keys within 15 days;
- the beginning of the messenger lock.