The US Treasury published a new list of Russians and Russian companies against which US sanctions were imposed. The list that is published on the agency’s website includes:
- Oleg Deripaska is a businessman
- Igor Rothenberg is a businessman;
- Viktor Vekselberg is a businessman;
- Kirill Shamalov is a businessman;
- Suleiman Kerimov is a businessman;
- Alexander Zharov – head of Roskomnadzor;
- Mikhail Fradkov – head of the Russian Institute for Strategic Studies;
- Alexey Dyumin – the governor of the Tula area;
- Vladimir Kolokoltsev – the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia;
- Viktor Zolotov – head of Rosgvardia;
- Sergey Fursenko is the president of FC Zenit;
- Alexey Miller – Chairman of the Board of “Gazprom”;
- Andrey Kostin is the head of VTB.
Under the sanctions also fell and the enterprises belonging to some of the participants in the sanctions list. Among them, Deripaska agroholding “Kuban” and Nizhny Novgorod group of companies “GAZ”, as well as a group of companies “Renova” Viktor Vekselberg.
Many of those who fell under the new sanctions were listed in the so-called “Kremlin list”, which members of the treasury called the closest associates of Putin.